More infoHow quickly would you know one of your servers had died? FREEping 2.0 is a new version of a free utility released last month that will ping your Windows 2003, 2000, or NT 4 SP3 servers – or any IP address in the world, for that matter. You define the testing interval, and FREEping (which otherwise runs silently in the background) sends you a pop-up message when a machine stops responding. Available from Advanced Toolware.
InnerReg controls startup programs for you
Developer Naram Cheez has released InnerReg 1.0, a free utility that manages any programs that start automatically when you run Windows. His tool lets you control each of the six stages of the startup process, including programs that are launched by lines in the Registry rather than the Startup folder. More info...
Monitor your servers (or any IP address)
= Paid content
All Windows Secrets articles posted on 2003-06-05:
- Top Story Windows Update finds no updates, but it’s only a matter of time
- Patch Watch Microsoft officially corrects the XP patch slowdown problem
- Best Freeware Monitor your servers (or any IP address)
- Wacky Web Week You’ve gotta give ’em credit for this one
- Show all articles on a single page