Some Windows 8 differences from its predecessors are more than skin-deep. Among these are security enhancements that bolster your computing safety — especially when you’re behaving prudently.
This month, we’re especially pleased to bring you a bonus download from Windows 8 All-in-One for Dummies, written by our very own Woody Leonhard.
As a treat to all Windows Secrets subscribers, Woody and Wiley Publishing are offering free excerpts of Chapter 1: “Spies, Spams, Scams” and Chapter 2: “Fighting Viri and Scum.” You’ll learn which hazards to look out for, how to know whether your computer is infected with malware, how to protect yourself with the aid of Windows 8, and more.
To download this free excerpt, simply visit your preferences page and save any changes; a download link will appear.
Info on the printed book: United States
Bonus helps you get to know Windows 8
Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 460,000 subscribers!
Subscribe and get our monthly bonuses - free!
The Windows 7 Guide, Volume 3: Advanced maintenance and troubleshooting provides advanced tools for keeping Microsoft's premier operating system up and running smoothly. Get this excerpt and other 4 bonuses if you subscribe FREE now!
= Paid content
All Windows Secrets articles posted on 2012-11-21:
- Top Story Getting a handle on security certificates
- Lounge Life The fizzy season of festivities and fraud
- Bonus Download Bonus helps you get to know Windows 8
- Wacky Web Week Zelda: Not an ordinary New York City matron
- LangaList Plus Controlling apps that launch unexpectedly
- Best Hardware Making the hardware switch to Windows 8
- Show all articles on a single page