All application upgrades present challenges for novices and experts — especially with a product as complex as Excel.
Excel 2013 adds some new features, but it changes the way users interact with this essential and much-loved business tool.
Excel 2013: The Missing Manual, by Matthew MacDonald, introduces expert Excel users to the UI changes that permeate Office 2013 applications. It also provides all Excel users with a concise, easy-to-read reference for working with this most popular spreadsheet program.
This month, Windows Secrets subscribers can download the introduction and Chapter 1: “Creating Your First Spreadsheet.” The introduction gives a concise summary of Excel 2013’s significant new features and other important changes. Chapter 1 delves into the basics of creating a new spreadsheet and — especially helpful for experienced users migrating from Excel 2003 — discusses keyboard shortcuts and using the infamous Ribbon.
If you want to download this free excerpt, simply visit your preferences page and save any changes; a download link will appear.
Info on the printed book: United States
Every upgrade needs a good user’s manual
Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 460,000 subscribers!
Subscribe and get our monthly bonuses - free!
The Windows 7 Guide, Volume 3: Advanced maintenance and troubleshooting provides advanced tools for keeping Microsoft's premier operating system up and running smoothly. Get this excerpt and other 4 bonuses if you subscribe FREE now!
= Paid content
All Windows Secrets articles posted on 2013-06-13:
- Top Story Avoiding those unwanted free applications
- Lounge Life Webway robbery: You can lose your domain
- Bonus Download Every upgrade needs a good user’s manual
- Wacky Web Week Hot-shop hotshots entertain museum visitors
- LangaList Plus Multiple options to obtain recovery discs
- Best Practices Total access to all your Windows backups
- Patch Watch Patch Tuesday loaded with nonsecurity updates
- Show all articles on a single page