To a startling extent, billions of ordinary lives have been altered by Facebook — and by the degree to which they conduct friendship and business online, sharing the details of their lives in public.
Whether you’re suspicious of the phenomenon or delighted by it, it’s wise to acquaint yourself with social media. Facebook: the Missing Manual by E.A. Vander Veer is a helpfully comprehensive guide now its third edition.
This month, all Windows Secrets subscribers can download Chapter 13: “Playing It Safe: Facebook Privacy.” For many Facebook users, privacy on the site is the first and most urgent concern — as it should be. Read this chapter to clarify your understanding of the risks you take on Facebook as well as how best to protect your privacy.
To download this free excerpt, visit your preferences page and save any changes; a download link will appear.
Info on the printed book: United States
Facebook is almost everywhere: you might be, too
Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!
Subscribe and get our monthly bonuses - free!
The Windows 7 Guide, Volume 3: Advanced maintenance and troubleshooting provides advanced tools for keeping Microsoft's premier operating system up and running smoothly. Get this excerpt and other 4 bonuses if you subscribe FREE now!
= Paid content
All Windows Secrets articles posted on 2012-08-23:
- Top Story Where we’re all headed with Windows RT
- Lounge Life Do graphics tricks without Photoshop
- Bonus Download Facebook is almost everywhere: you might be, too
- Wacky Web Week An argument for best use of credit cards
- LangaList Plus Apps temporarily — and randomly — freeze
- Best Hardware Printing without hassles — or cables
- In the Wild Hey you, cyber thief: Get off my Cloud!
- Show all articles on a single page