BIG desktop = dual monitors = what video card supports?
I want to run a wide desktop screen and stretch an Excel spreadsheet across both screens, or have one browser on 1 screen and another on the other, etc.
- How much to do the above?
- Buying 1 card with 2 ports seems like it would be the most cost effective solution, right? Especially if I want the desktop to span both screens...
- How much (if any) to add TV capability?
- How much to add gaming?
- I have only the mildest interest but it's a nice option if it doesn't cost much extra. Which I'm quite sure is NOT the case! I always feel like it might be good to try out a game - it's a technology that has passed me by (I started programming with IBM 1400 series computers in 1966, so I've seen a lot of growth in computers [and I'm old]).
- 1280x1024 19" screen with a D-sub connector
- 1280x1024 19" screen with a D-sub connector and DVI (both are Dell)
- Desktop PC,Gateway 507GR, 3.0 P4, 1 pci x15 slot, 1 PCI x1 slot, and 2 "regular" PCI slots
- Windows XP Pro
- Lots of cables and adapters, A/B box, DVI to VGA adapter, etc.