Downloading has almost stopped
On Wednesday Nov. 14 I installed 12 MS updates on my laptop, it took about 30 minutes to complete successfully.
I then attempted to do them on my Desktop. After 6 hours I finally got them installed but with errors.
All gave the same error code as below
I had noticed that loading pages in FF were getting slower but never blamed malware as I am very careful.
I have run scans using Avast & Hitman Pro. & MBAM, nothing found.
I have tried restoring 3 System Images made using Acronis TIH 2010, Still the same.
Ran System File Check, no errors found.
I tried replacing the 'Microfilter, No change.
My Desktop is wired, Laptop wireless. Netgear DGN2000 router. My present download speed is 2215kbs.
Everything on my Desktop was fully up to date before I started.
See PC Specs above my sig for more details.
On Friday Nov. 16 I booted from my Win7 CD, accessed Diskpart, selected C:drive, formatted it and did a clean install, the updates were taking ages to download i.e. from 5% to 10% took over 30 minutes, so I abandoned it and restored my latest image with my Acronis recovery CD.
I disconnected my Desktop and connected my Laptop with the same cables, everything worked perfectly.
I also can't download files from Filehippo using my Desktop.
I have also cleaned the insides of my Desktop PC, still not working.