I have pretty much the same problem with Internet Explorer cited above. Internet Explorer no longer works after yesterday's updates and the update to 8.1.1. Fortunately IE is not my primary browser but you do need it for some websites (especially Microsoft's). I checked updates and there was another optional update available today but it didn't fix the IE problem. I also ran the Windows Troubleshooting and it said I had an incompatible add-on but removing that didn't fix the problem either. I suspect this is a problem affecting more than just a few people. I can wait for an update, if I have to.