3 Star Lounger

Excel 2000 Header and Footer (Excel 2000)

I was wondering if I could ask you a question. I have a 7 page document in Excel. I've used the Header/Footer function to put page numbers on the document. But, I don't want a page number on the first page (it is a cover page), even though I do want them on the remaining pages. I know how to do this in Word, but Excel doesn't seem to offer the same function. I was going to simply white out the page number on the first page, but for clarity, copies of the document will probably be created straight from a digital file (rather than printing and then copying them), so I would prefer to find a way to eliminate the page number electronically. Any suggestions?

Thanks, in advance.

Gold Lounger
    Dublin, Ireland, Republic of

Re: Excel 2000 Header and Footer (Excel 2000)

If it is possible you could try putting page 1 in a worksheet by itself, and setting the header/footer not to show page numbers.

You can then have the worksheets containing page 2 onwards incorporate the page number in the footer or header as required. You just need to ensure when printing that the sheet containing page 1 is selected first.

Hope that is of some help.

Andrew C