Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Error loading dll (2002)

Hi,

I'm working on a database that was built by someone else, originally in 1997 version. They upgraded to 2002 and it seems to be one thing after another. I'm trying to put a command button on a form and I get a message that says "unable to load dll". I've never gotten this before and am wondering how best to proceed.

Thanks,
    Leesha

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error loading dll (2002)

have you checked that there are no missing references in VBA?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Zave,

I don't even get to the point of being able to add the code. The minute to hit the click event to build the code I get the message. It doesn't happen on my computer so I'm thinking its something not loaded on his but am not sure what. Also, If i build it on my computer and then transfer to his I get the same the message when trying to open the form.

Leesha

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

1) Can you get into the Visual Basic Editor by pressing Alt+F11? If so, take a look at Tools | References... to see if one is listed as MISSING.
    2) Does the error message specify which DLL it cannot load?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I will try this this afternoon. As far as naming the missing dll, unfortunately no.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

Just got back from vacation and am still trying to get past this. I went to the reference library as you suggested and I don't see anything listed as "MISSING" listed in the box. The error message simply states "error loading dll" but doesn't state which one. I've attached a print screen of the loaded references. I'm not sure if something is missing. Also, this database was running without dll issues until recently. I've tried it on 4 of their computers and all are having the same issue. It runs fine on my computer at home. They are up to date with windows XP updates.

Thannks,
    Alicia

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You state that there's nothing listed as MISSING, but your screenshot very clearly contains an entry

MISSING: Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library

This is the library for Outlook 2003. Clear the check box for this entry, then click OK.
    If you don't need to control Outlook from this database, it should now work correctly.
    If you do need to control Outlook in code, select Tools | References again, scroll down until you see Microsoft Outlook 10.0 Object Library (assuming that Outlook 2002 is installed), tick its check box and click OK.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Omg Hans, I was looking in the boxes without the checks. I don't know how you stand it!!!

Thanks!

Alicia

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The references at the top whose check boxes are ticked are the ones used by the database. If one of those is missing, the code won't work.
    The references below that whose check boxes are clear are not in use in this database, so it doesn't matter whether they are missing ot not. They are listed so that you can tick them if needed.