Star Lounger
    Thanks

Conditional Formatting (2007)

Hi,

I am loving the new conditional formatting in Excel, but have a question. I am applying the formats on a list with several columns and it is the last column, showing revenue information, which is the critical one. However, the formatting is only applied to the cells in the last column. Is it possible for the formatting to be applied to the whole row, therefore highlighting the whole record in the list?

Thanks, Laurie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Conditional Formatting (2007)

I don't have Excel 2007 yet, so my reply may be way off, but in previous versions it works like this:
    Let's say you want the formatting to depend on the value of the cell in column M.
    Select the entire range you want to apply conditional formatting to (not just column M).
    Note which cell is the active cell. I'll assume it is in row 1.
    Activate the conditional formatting dialog (in Excel 2007: Home > Conditional Formatting > Manage Rules)
    Select Formula Is (in Excel 2007: Use a formula to determine which cells to format)
    Enter a formula such as

=($M1>100)

The $ before M is important, it tells Excel that it should look at column M regardless of the column of the cell to be formatted.
    Specify the formatting to be applied.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Conditional Formatting (2007)

Fantastic! Thanks (again) Hans.