rlbroerman

second option group (2003)

Edited by HansV to replace Word doc with the image of the error message it contained - saves the reader a few clicks

I have been trying to add a second option group to a form but when I try to save it I get the error mesage as shown in the attachment. Can you help, please.
    Rick Broerman

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: second option group (2003)

This is the generic message that appears when Access crashes. It doesn't provide any specific information about the cause of the crash. So the only thing I can recommend is to try Tools | Database Utilities | Compact and Repair Database, then to try to add the option group again.

rlbroerman

Hans,
    I tried that and still get the same error. I have set up a table "Pain Increases" and am trying to add option block "Pain Increase" to the form "frm New visits". But everytime I try to save I get the same error .
    Attached is my database. Can you help, please.
    Rick Broerman

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I get the problem when trying to add an option group as well.

However if you copy yhr other other group to make a new option group it works ok. It comes up with a different error when running the form tho. Haven't got time right now but i'll check it out later.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Access lets me create the second option group using the wizard, but it crashes when I try to save the form. I don't know why. However, either of the following methods works OK:

1) Turn off the control wizard.
    Create an option group, set the control source to Pain Increases, add option buttons to the option group manually and set the captions of the labels.

2) Copy the existing option group, change the control source and the captions of the labels.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I also got the same problem.

Another workaround that worked for me was to copy all the controls form the current form to a new blank form. When I worked with the new form I did not have a problem.
    This suggest to me that there is some corruption with the current form, which will probably cause other problmes in the future as well.
    Regards
    John