5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Odd page breaks (Word 2003)

Hi all,

I am working on chapter breaks and want each chapter to start on an odd page, so naturally, I am putting in odd page section breaks. However, in chapters 1 and 2 and appendices B and C, it seems like each time I insert an odd page break, a few minutes later, it has disappeared and been replaced with a next page section break. This has happened many times, and I am sure that I am putting in odd page breaks, because after I insert them, I double check. Yet each time, the odd page break disappears.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is happening??

JMT

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Odd page breaks (Word 2003)

No idea, but perhaps you can use <post:=394,131>post 394,131</post:>.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

There are old threads here that discuss problems like this. Do these give you any ideas on what might be happening? Although they all discuss earlier versions of Word, the bugs of old often apply to later versions.

Trouble with Section Breaks
    Section Break (Odd Page) in Word 97
    Changing section break type (Word 2000)
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for you message, but these posts really didn't pertain to my specific issue (odd page breaks turning into next page breaks). So the only thing I could think of was to quickly go through the document finding every page break, convert it to an odd page break, and quickly transforming the document into a PDF before Word had time to think and transform them back into next page breaks. It worked. Since the document ultimately had to become a PDF anyway, there was no harm. However, at this point, Word may have already changed the page breaks back again.

Regards,

JMT