2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

multiple value query and top 10 results (2003)

Hello,

I have a query that I want to put multiple values of provider id's to run the query. I looked online and found the instr function that I could parse the value: Fieldname: inst([prov id's followed by comma,blank=all],[provif]) and this works great. However I would like the input box to be on a form where they can type the multiple values there along with date ranges and I am wondering how to do this?

Also , in the same query the report will have the following fields: PCP,Specialty, provider, procedures,procedure description, and total paid. I am trying to tell the query to retrieve the top ten procedures of the provider with total paid descending. Would this be a subquery?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: multiple value query and top 10 results (2003)

1) You can replace prov id's followed by comma,blank=all] with [Forms]![NameOfForm]![NameOfTextBox] where NameOfForm is the name of the form and NameOfTextBox is the name of the text box.

2) You can limit the number of records per group in a report using the method described in How to create a top values per group report in Access 2002 (applies to Access 2003 too).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: multiple value query and top 10 results (2003)

Yes,
    Thanks for your help.