2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My Calendars vs People's Calendars (2007)

I am trying to get documentation sorted for my people on the differences with the new 2007 versions of Office. Outlook has My Calendars, People's Calandars and Other Calendars. I can add things to People's Calendars. I can add things to My Calendars. I cannot figure out what the differences are or how to add things to Other Calendars!

Can someone explain what all this is about?
    Neil Eustice
    Woody Worshipper

Thanks

Re: My Calendars vs People's Calendars (2007)

I am not sure what an Other Calendar is either. I have the usual Calendar, then a NASCAR calendar that I created and published, and then a downloaded Seattle Seahawks calendar which I would consider an "other calendar".. I am able to add items to the Seahawks calendar however. MS has IMHO done an excellent job with their on-line help in Office. Might I suggest you start here:
    Office Online .NET passport required.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I did look in help but it does not mention People's Calendars at all. I have included a screen shot to show what I mean about having three places to put calendars.

Neil
    Neil Eustice
    Woody Worshipper

Thanks

OK!. What those are, are Groups. You can safely drag and drop the Calendars in the Peoples calendars to the My Calendars Group if you wish. You can then remove them by right clicking on the Other Calendar and Peoples Calendar and select Remove Group.
    I added both of those groups after I got your reply so that you could see. See screenshot.
    You can view all of the calendars side by side by adding a check mark to them. When you view them that way, you can also overlay them on each other to view so that you can see if there are any conflicts.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't have Outlook 2007, but my wild guess is that Public Folder Calendars in an Exchange Server environment can go under "Other Calendars". Are you on Exchange? If so and you have a calendar or two in Public Folders, see what happens if you add it.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS