2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

default decimal places (2003/2007)

Is there a way to have all cells in new spreadsheets default to 4 decimal places? I think it involves using personal.xls in 2003 , but I can't find reference to it (and need to apply it to 2007 also)

Thanks!

Larry

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: default decimal places (2003/2007)

Tools | Options | Edit | Fixed Decimal Place set to 4 should do it. You can also change the default Style under Format | Style. I don't think it's necessary to change personal.xls, but if you have it, by default it's hidden and can be unhidden under Window | Unhide.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: default decimal places (2003/2007)

Personal.xls is your personal macro workbook, it is not used for anything other than macros.

John's suggestion of setting Fixed Decimal Places to 4 means that if you enter 12345, Excel will autonatucally convert it to 1.2345. It's up to you to decide whether that is what you want.

You can set up a workbook with the styles and other formatting that you want, then save it as an Excel template (*.xlt) named Book.xlt in your Excel startup folder (the default location is Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftExcelXLStart). Excel will use it as a model for all new blank workbooks. You can also save a copy of it with a single worksheet as Sheet.xlt in the same location. This will be used when you select Insert | Worksheet.