5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Winword error (Office 2003)

I am using Word as my email editor. I am getting the an error message that Word has encountered an problem and must shut down. When I check the Management console for Applications, I find at the time of the crash for this error, "Faulting application winword.exe, version 11.0.8134.0, stamp 461557b7, faulting module winword.exe, version 11.0.8134.0, stamp 461557b7, debug? 0, fault address 0x00073aa5." I restored my system to a point before I first received this message. All was well for 3 days, but now this message has returned. There is no additional information from Microsoft when I click on this link in the error message.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Winword error (Office 2003)

Try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word,197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word<!/post>. Perhaps an add-in causes the problems.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Winword error (Office 2003)

I am still working through Phil's 4 Step Program. So far I have deleted all Temp files, and deleted and rebuilt Normal.dot. At first after doing this all was well for several days. However today the Winword error returns about every 30 minutes when I have Outlook running. I have moved 5 dot files in my Office 11 Startup folder to my desktop (Step 3). (There is nothing in my Word Startup folder.) I the error still occurs when Outook is running. I am still testing, but I have not yet seen the error when Word is open and Outlook is not. I have not yet completed Step 4 Deleting the Word Data Key.