New Lounger
    Thanks

MS Outlook creates Calendar item on its own (Outlook 2003)

When opening MS Outlook, it creates a calendar item for that day, subject empty, with a half an hour scheduling time. Usually the next half hour that is available. So when opening outlook at 8am, it creates it for 8:30AM - 9:00AM. Then Outlook automatically deletes it (I find it in my deleted items folder). I am on MS Windows XP Professional, with Outlook 2003. I tried the detect/repair. No luck. Would like to avoid uninstall/reinstall. Since my mailbox is on an exchange server with cached mode. With years of archives....
    Anyone ever heard of such a weird behavior?

Thanks

Re: MS Outlook creates Calendar item on its own

Do you have any add-ins? Or PDA synching software running? Or any other calendar software like Google Calendar?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Outlook creates Calendar item on its own (Outlook 2003)

See if this helps. Close Outlook and all Outlook windows and processes. From the Start | Run command line box restart Outlook with following switches (a space before each switch):

outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy /cleanreminders

Also, check the Properties of the icon or menu item you start Outlook from, and if found delete switch "/c ipm.appointment".
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

The only add-in I have is MS Live Meeting. And YES - I do sync my PDA phone on this laptop, but Active Sync only runs when plugging the phone/pda in. The phone/PDA is Windows Mobile 5.0, which syncs from the exchange server for e-mail and calendar items as well as tasks. Could that be my issue?

Thanks

Not sure, to be honest. It may be worth uninstalling the add-in and restarting Outlook to see if it makes any difference though!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

In that case, if you use the advice in <post:=657,518>post 657,518</post:>, which will clean up any corrupted server-side meetings and remove inappropriate command line switches , be sure to close any background PDA sync program first.

I'm not familiar with your device's Windows Mobile 5.0 PIM software, but if it possible to do so, you might want to check your PDA/hone to see if you created some type of draft meeting and never deleted or activated it.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Executed the commands you suggested, still created a Calendar item. I will check my PDA to see if I created something that is in limbo on it.
    I appreciate the help from everyone. - Thanks!