2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Recording sub to format charts (Excel 2002)

In the attached workbook I have recorded a macro, called "MakeCharts", which runs some data and creates three charts, sending
    them to a dedicated worksheet. It works fine, except I'm stuck on two points:

1) I never want there to be more than three charts. So how can I change to the macro so that each time it runs, it first goes to the
    dedicated worksheet for charts and deletes any charts there before creating new ones?

2) I also wanted the macro to format these charts, but I'm having trouble naming them in a way which works in VBA. The first time
    the macro runs, it creates 3 ChartObjects, Chart1, Chart2 and Chart3. The next time it runs, it creates Chart4, Chart5 and Chart6, so
    it never finds what it's supposed to format. How can I debug this? I'd appreciate any help . (Note: For now, since it's buggy, I've split the formatting code into its own sub, "ChartFormat".)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recording sub to format charts (Excel 2002)

1) You can delete any charts on the 'charts space' sheet by executing

Worksheets("charts space").ChartObjects.Delete

2) You can name the charts: after changing their location to 'charts space', use code like this:

With ActiveChart
    .Parent.Name = "Chart1"
    .HasTitle = True
    End With

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. I think, however, I'm doing something wrong. I'm pasting in the code you gave for 2), (changing the names to Chart1, Chart2 and Chart3), but it doesn't compile -- the error message says that the "[/v]" is unexpected. The revised code is attached. What do you think?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The [/v] was an error in my reply, I corrected it immediately after posting. Simply delete the [/v] from your code.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, it works fine now.

Regards,

Lingyai