Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Wrong Page Count (2003)

I have a report that prints "page x of y" at the bottom of each sheet. I noticed recently that the last page said "20 of 21". However, There were only 20 pages of printout! Any suggestions as to what's going on here?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Wrong Page Count (2003)

I can't remember having seen an incorrect page count in Access. Are you sure there wasn't a blank 21st page in the printout?

If not, check the control source of the text box. Does it really say

="Page " & [Page] & " of " & [Pages]

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

I had not noticed this before and I'm working with a database that has been around for several years.

I am using the exact expression you mentioned. In the footer. I previewed the report and it shows Page x of 27 at the bottom of each page. However, when I click on the last page arrow in the status bar on the preview, it displays page 26, the report footer shows Page 26 of 27, and the page number in the status bar is 26. There is no blank page and page 26 is the last page!

This one's got me beat.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you wish, you can post a stripped down copy of your database, so that Loungers can investigate the problem directly. See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi again,

The data base and in particular this report are too complicated to provide a stripped down version -- too much private information makes it very difficult.

Each record contains a sub-report taken from a related table, and the number of records in each sub-report varies from none to several. Also, it forces a record to the next page if it won't fit entirely on one page. Thus, the pages vary all over the place as a function of the number of records per page. I have tried varying the total number of records in the report and the error seems to be a function of how many and which records are selected.

So it is an intermittent problem, and I haven't found a consistent pattern verses the number of records or the particular record mix. It is an involved process to do this, so I think I will just live with the problem as it is not that critical.

Thanks for your advice.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

OK.