5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Explorer Navigation - alternative to Di

Hello,

I've used DirKey for years. I find it very handy for nipping around Explorer and Save Dialogues. Or rather, I did. I reinstalled Windows XP after changing my motherboard, processor and memory. I reinstalled Dirkey and while it still works for Save Dialogues it no longer works with Explorer. I can't figure out why. Does anyone have this program working. I'm wondering if I've somehow messed up the settings. Alternatively, can anyone tell me of a utility that allows shortcut keys to manipulate Windows Explorer? Dirkey is no longer being developed and there is no support. I started using AutoHotKey and that is fine for launching new windows (actually Dirkey will currently do that as well) but using it to change an open explorer window location seems tricky.

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)

Thanks

Re: Explorer Navigation - alternative to Di

Here's something old that hasn't been updated in quite some time but might have the functionality you are looking for:
    MyExplorerBar:
    http://www.pitrinec.com/meb_index.htm

I've had it installed in Windows Explorer for a long time and it doesn't seem to cause any problems (Win/XP SP2 currently).

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Explorer Navigation - alternative to Di

Thanks for the reply, very belatedly. I had a quick look at MyExplorerBar but it isn't what I really want. I'm careful with adding toolbars as I don't like giving up the space. Currently I'm using AutHotKey with a modified Favorite Folders Pop-up Menu. Not really Dirkey but much better than nothing.

Chris