2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sub-form records (2000)

I have a subform with 3 linked child/Master fields. Not all records in the Main form will have records in the sub form. How can I stop, blank (apart from the linked fields) records being automatically generated whenever I go into the record on the main form?
    Thanks
    Allison

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sub-form records (2000)

By default, a form lets you create a new record. So there will always be a blank record past the last existing record. This blank record will only become 'real' when the user starts filling in fields.

If there are no existing records yet, the blank record will be the only record in the form. This is what happens in your subform when you navigate to a record in the main form that has no corresponding records in the subform. You could set the Allow Additions property of the subform to No. This would suppress the blank record, but it would obviously make it impossible to add new records in the subform.

If the blank record in the subform actually gets saved to the table, there must be something causing Access to think that the record has been edited, for example VBA code filling in a field.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sub-form records (2000)

Thanks - yes there was a errant bit of code
    Allison