Star Lounger
    Thanks

Links to multiple files (2003)

Hello,

I've got a PowerPoint presentation with three charts in it. The charts are set up as linked data, linked to three different Excel workbooks. I'd like to (a) Find someplace in PowerPoint where I can see all three link addresses at once and ([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] be able to update all the links at once.

You can open an individual chart for editing, which will update that single link if it's set to automatic, and do that for all three charts individually. But is there a place where I can see all the links (as you can in Excel, for instance)?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Links to multiple files (2003)

Have you tried Edit | Links...?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

When you are in a presentation with links, the Links option on the Edit Menu is unavailable until you open up the linked object itself. In other words, the Links command is unavailable until I double click on the chart that is linked to the Excel data. Then the Links command lights up, but when I click on it only the path to the link for that particular chart appears. It's not like Excel, where you can click on Edit Links and get a whole list of your links. So, if I have 3 linked charts in Powerpoint to 3 different Excel workbooks, right now the only way to see the paths to the workbooks (to find out where the link is coming from) is to click on each individual chart and then choose Edit Links. So my question is, is there another place where I can click to see ALL the links at one time?

Bob

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It doesn't work that way for me. Edit | Links is available if the presentation contains linked objects, whether they are currently opened or not. If my presentation contains three charts, each of which is linked to a different Excel workbook, the Edit | Links dialog will list all three. I can select them all and click the Update Now button.

See screenshot below (the captions are in Dutch, but the idea is clear, I hope).