New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Documents - saving a copy to an alternative d (MS Office XP)

HI All - first time here so be gentle ;0)

I have an old HD from a previous upgrade that I'm using to archive and save work files etc.. My problem is I can't get the 'save a copy on network drive or removable media' to save a copy to an alternative drive. I'm not very familiar with MACRO's but was wondering if there is any routine I can use to save copies of files without me having to manually remember to do so. Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

G

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Documents - saving a copy to an alternative d (MS Office XP)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

The option you mention has a different purpose: if you open a document that is located on a network drive or on a removable disk, it saves a copy on your local hard disk. If the network drive or removable disk isn't available next time you try to open the document, Word will offer to open the local copy instead.

You can instruct Word always to create a backup copy of the document you're editing (select Tools | Options, activate the Save tab and tick the check box "Always create backup copy"). But this copy is stored in the same folder as the document itself; you cannot change this.

I don't know of a macro or add-in that will do what you want, but I'm sure someone will have a suggestion.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Documents - saving a copy to an alternative d (MS Office XP)

Thanks.. I'll keep my fingers crossed someone might have the answer ;0)

G