3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sharing an Outlook Calendar (Outlook XP)

We have two computers in our office and a router that allows us both access to the internet. I believe my computer is the host comptuer. There is a shared folder that works sometimes and sometimes doesn't, i.e., my boss can open the CharliesFolder but it doesn't allow him to change any document in the folder and sometimes a file won't even open.

I have just created an office calendar in Outlook which he lovess but he would like to be able to see it on screen.

Based upon what I've outlined above, can anyone tell me if it's possible that we can share the calendar so that we can both make changes to, or is it going to mean we have to have additonal hardware or software to make this work.

I know little about networking and really don't have the time to get into a lot of work with this as I have just too much work to do to spend the time to find out what we need and how to do this for him.

Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Sharing an Outlook Calendar (Outlook XP)

Without Exchange Server there is no easy builtin way. See Sharing Microsoft Outlook Calendar and Contacts for possible solutions.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

For what its worth, you might look into upgrading to Outlook 2007. It has calendar sharing, and is very easy to use.
    See Introduction to Calendar Sharing
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

If you do not have Exchange Server you must publish the calendar either to Office online or a web server. If you take this approach you have to remember to republish whenever any changes are made. To enable others to change the calendar you either need Exchange Server or third party software.

Joe
    Joe