Lounger
    Thanks

Settings shifted in Excel 2003 (Excel 2003)

I was forced to shut down Windows XP with the power button last Friday, and when I restarted Monday morning, whatever process Windows went through has changed at least three things in Excel 2003 (that I've noticed so far):

(1) My up, down, left, right arrows no longer move me from cell to cell, rather they scroll the entire page up, down, etc. while keeping me in the same cell.
    (2) When I enter new data into a cell, other cells which rely on this data do not refresh automatically, but only after I hit F9.
    (3) When I use Format>Sheet>Hide, the sheet does hide. But when I save then reopen, it is no longer hidden. (It's actually weirder than this: if I send the hidden & saved version to a co-worker, it is hidden for them. Just not for me.)

Any ideas how to resolve these issues, or better yet to restore the normal functions I had before?

Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Settings shifted in Excel 2003 (Excel 2003)

(1) Make sure that the Scroll Lock light is off (press the Scroll Lock key to toggle it).
    (2) Make sure that Calculation is set to Automatic in the Calculate tab of Tools | Options...
    (3) Check out Jan Karel Pieterse's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL,290455>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL<!/post>.

Thanks

Re 1: Sounds like the scroll lock key is on.
    Re 2: Select Tools-Options-Calculation tab, make sure it is set to Automatic.
    Re 3: Absolutely no idea! Does it happen if you start Excel in Safe Mode? (hold down the Control key and start Excel as you normally would)
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Lounger
    Thanks

#1 & #2 all set!

Hans sent an article for #3 which I'll try as well as your suggestion.

Thanks!

Lounger
    Thanks

All set now on #1 and #2.

I'll check out the article.

Thanks!