Thread: StyleRef (2K)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

StyleRef (2K)

I know I originally found the answer here but can't anymore. I have a cell on a table where I type the name of my subject. I want whatever I type there to be replicated in the Header. I created a style called "Subject", applied it to the cell, and then inserted a StyleRef field in the Header pointing to the style, but it doesn't work. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: StyleRef (2K)

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Have you tried updating the StyleRef field (press F9) or looking at Print Preview after creating it?

If that doesn't help, could you post a stripped down version of your document? You can remove most of the text, and if necessary alter proprietary information.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hope you can work with the attached document. The subject's name is typed into the cell to the right of the cell called "NAME". BTW, I had nothing to do with the design or creation of the table on the first page. Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

StyleRef works OK - see attached version. But you'll see it on page 2 and following, not on page 1, since you've set Different First Page for the first section. You could add the field to the first page header too, but it would be pushed right up to the top edge of the page because of the margin settings.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It certainly does. Can't figure out why it didn't for me. Could it be that the original document is created from a template? As always, thanks, Hans!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

*All* documents are created from a template - Normal.dot if you don't specify another one - so that shouldn't matter.