New Lounger

Vista Windows Mail cripple-ware? (Ultimate)

Did I miss something in my impatience, or is it impossible to format replies to (at least some) e-mails.

I'm new to Vista, now using Windows Mail. It has some great features, but I'd like to respond within some posts from a list. Since some posts don't have the little > indicator of quoted material, I wanted to distinguish my writings, either by italics or background color.

I can appreciate responding to someone in a way their e-mailer can handle, but this is on a Yahoo! list where all kinds of formats come through. Maybe I shot myself in the foot for specifying "text" instead of "html"?

And another thing... My Pegasus mail suppressed most embedded images (so I didn't have to look at those drawings and devices in the "enhancement" spams -- 8-17 times a day!). Is there anyway to suppress those instead of only those images residing on some webpage?

Thanks for any suggestions, thoughts, etc.

St Louis, Missouri, USA
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 899 Posts

Re: Vista Windows Mail cripple-ware? (Ultimate)

First, I'd recommend that you go to Windows Live Mail Beta and get this software which will replace Windows Mail. Second, you can only do the formatting you want in HTML e-mail.
    Thrid, use the spam filter. Images are not downloaded for e-mail in the Junk folder.

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Vista Windows Mail cripple-ware? (Ultimate)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

The "text" setting means "plain text", i.e. no formatting!

See Change Windows Mail security settings and click on 'Block images from appearing in e‑mail messages'.