New Lounger
    Thanks

Vista Ultimate fax (Ultimate)

Any suggestions on why my Windows Fax and Scan, can't format a fax like it was sent, when I print it? I get it "rotated and 'fit' to page" with some stretchy squat font that doesn't exist in reality.

I'd think there'd be a option to "shrink to fit" so one gets all of the page so it keeps the same aspect ratio. (I'm afraid to try it on a photo -- It's bad enough that TV makes me look 10 lbs fatter. I think this would make me look 1' shorter, and about 80 lbs fatter.)

The old XP fax and separate scanner were far superior to what I've been able to accomplish with Vista.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Vista Ultimate fax (Ultimate)

Apparently, this is a bug in Windows Vista. Microsoft is aware of it and recommends using image software to print faxes as a workaround. See Printing of Tiff always comes out as landscape in Vista.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Vista Ultimate fax (Ultimate)

Ok... this is probably another case of me shooting me in the foot for having the temerity to try to do things MY way in Microsoft.

I sent all the faxes to a "Fax" folder. (In prior Windows, I either had to set up short-cuts to get to documents, or click-click-click-click-click-click.) Vista's software seems to be very good about getting to (and getting things out of) Documents.

When I simply "print" from "Fax and Scan's" Inbox I get a properly proportioned print out. For some reason or other, my initial few faxes went only to my "Fax" folder and not to the Inbox. Now it's doing both.

This forum is great so far. All I had to do was ask the question and Vista started working ok. (But I'm learning a bunch, even when I find my own answers. Thanks, and now over to my USB problem in a new thread.)