New Lounger
    Thanks

Insert Pages Into Document?? (2003)

How do I take 20 different Word documents and merge them into 1 document. I want to keep the pages intact when adding them to the document. Meaning a document is 5 pages and I merge it into the main document it stays 5 pages without changing any content or formatting.

Thank You

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Insert Pages Into Document?? (2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Whether it is possible to preserve all formatting when merging documents depends on the way the documents are formatted. If document A and document B both use a style S but with different definitions of that style, and if you insert document A into document B, text from A will adopt B's definition of style S.

You can merge documents keeping pages etc. intact by inserting a next page section break (using Insert | Break) at the end of the combined document before inserting the next document.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Depending on what you are trying to do, it might be easier to convert all the documents to PDF and then merge the PDF files. This will preserve all formatting, pagination, headers, footers etc.

StuartR

New Lounger
    Thanks

I thought of that but I need the footers and the page numbering that Word has.