New Lounger
    Thanks

Graphic from Publisher changes (Word 97)

One of our users has used Publisher to create a business card, accepting one of the offered layouts. She copied the graphic (3 coloured boxes) and pasted it into a Word document. She would like to print the Word document.

If she prints it on an HP Desket colour printer it's fine (we borrowed the HP for testing, she cannot regularly print to it). If she prints it on a Lexmark Optra 45n the boxes print as circles even though it looks fine in print preview. If she double clicks the graphic to go into the picture editing mode it will be circles, even though she doesn't change anything. When she returns to the document it shows as circles. Closing the file (no changes made, so it does not prompt to save) and re-opening it will show the boxes again.

If I open the Word document in Word 2000 and double click the image it seems fine. I have checked the printer driver for the Optra 45n.

I would appreciate any help on this one.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Graphic from Publisher changes (Word 97)

Gloria -- you have already checked what seems the logical choice... the printer driver. Since that doesn't seem to be the problem, maybe if you (in 2k) edit the document by selecting the graphic and cutting, then use Edit / Paste Special and use "device independent bitmap" or "picture" to paste it back in location. Save and see if she can now print... evidently the Lexmark is having difficulty interpretting the graphic format.

HTH
    Karen