Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Changing View Type (2003)

Hi All,

I defined a View for Contacts - call it "Brief Info". I chose a View Type of "Card" and selected a few fields.

I then decided I'd like to view these few fields in a Table format. Is there a way to change the View Type from Card to Table? I looked at lots of different menu items but couldn't find anything.

Or do I have to define a new View with my few fields but choose Table as the View Type right from the beginning? If so, is there some shortcut way of doing this so that I don't have to go thru the field selection again and, perhaps, also save some formatting info?

TIA

Fred

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Changing View Type (2003)

The ViewType property of a View is read-only in the VBA Object Model, so I assume that the type of view cannot be modified directly.
    However, all info about a view is stored in its XML property, and this is read/write, so in theory it should be possible to modify the XML property, but that would not be trivial.
    It's probably easier to create a new view from scratch.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans.

Hmmm, doesn't seem like a wise choice to me. Someone must have run this decision by Bill.

So that goes to my 2nd question in the original post: given this "wise" decision, is there a "short" way of creating a new view using an existing view as a model while choosing some properties to be different? Almost like using the first view as a template. In my case, copy all the fields and formatting but change the view type. Sounds like it would require VBA.

Fred

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know of a "short" way to do that.