New Lounger
    Thanks

Book fold trouble (2003 SP2)

Greetings, everyone. I've been fighting a problem. I have a much-used template that makes use of the Book Fold feature of Word 2003; for the most part I edit on Computer A and print on Computer B. There are 4 pages in legal (8.5x14 inch) paper. On the rare occasions when I print on Computer A, the bookfold works quite nicely: all pages printed in their right places. On Computer B, though, only one page prints: page 3! I've tried using a different printer--page 3. I've tried different files off different templates with 12 pages or 4 pages or 16 pages--only page 3. I've printed an empty document--a blank page 3. I tried highlighting and printing just a section; if the section does not include part of page 3--nothing; if the section includes part of page 3--just that section.

This seems to be a Word problem and not a printer problem (although you might yet correct me on this). When I watch the little print animation on the bottom of the screen, I only see it print one page (and I can guess it's page 3). This is maddening. Is it a frequent problem? What's so special about page 3? Any ideas how I fix this?

Ken Purscell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Book fold trouble (2003 SP2)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I'd start by trying the steps in Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word,197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word<!/post>. Hopefully either the problem goes away, or you'll be able to find the cause of the problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick response. I'm printing out the post and will try it out. I'll let you know what happens.

Ken

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi again. Result: partial success. When I started up winword.exe from the Run box, it printed out all four pages of my document in their proper, bookfold places. However, renaming Normal.dot did not fix the problem. Nor did eliminating the Add-ins, and when I emptied out the folder of Templates, it still didn't fix the problem--and I still had global templates. Then I ran out of time. The approach seems right: something running in the background is corrupt and/or corrupting, but I haven't isolated it yet. Any next suggestions?

Ken P

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'd finish alll the steps of the Systematic Approach. I don't really have other suggestions.