Chuck1j

Date manipulation (2000)

I have date order received in column 1, date item shipped in column 2, the sum of those two dates in column 3 gives me the number of days between receiving and shipping, and a simple =IF(C1<=3,"yes","no") in column 4 to tell us if we met our shipping goal of three days or less. The problem comes from the fact that we are not open on Saturday or Sunday, therefore our numbers seem to indicate that we didn't reach our goal if orders come in late in the week. Is there a way to do this and take into account the week-ends?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Date manipulation (2000)

The analysis addin that comes with Excel contains a WORKDAY function that should help you do what you need to do. First, go to Tools/Addins and make sure that there is a check mark next to the Analysis addin. Then, you should be able to do something like:

<pre>=IF(A2<=WORKDAY(A1,3),"yes","no")
    </pre>

You can also use the third parameter of WORKDAY to take account of holidays.
    Legare Coleman

Chuck1j

Re: Date manipulation (2000)

Thanks for the tip Legare. I used the NETWORKDAY function to achieve exactly what I needed. I'm really impressed with the time and effort you "experts" put into assisting others.
    Thanks again,
    Chuck Jones