2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Margin Madness (Word for MAC 2004)

Edited by HansV to reduce extremely large screenshot in size.

Hi,
    I'm going nuts trying to figure out why word insists on keeping the margins of a long document at 6 inches. I've looked at MARGINS which are set to 1", PAGE SIZE which is set to US Letter [large, not small,] PARAGRAPH style which shows nothing. I've also played with gutters, and everything else I can think of. As you can see from the attached pics , the margins in page view halt short, and the pages size in PRINT PREVIEW, is not 8.5 x 11, though that is what is listed in PAGE SETUP. I need to send this document to the printer soon, so all help is appreciated. FWIW, I'm working with a MAC Intel, and Word 2004, but the same things happen on a colleague's PC.

Thanks,
    Michael

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Margin Madness (Word for MAC 2004)

Check whether
    a) The document contains tracked changes or comments, and
    [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] Tracked changes and comments are displayed in balloons (this is a setting in the Track Changes tab of Tools | Options)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Margin Madness (Word for MAC 2004)

Many thanks, O Mighty Wizard! I knew it had to be something obvious like that, but like the guy who hit the computer to get it working, ya gotta know where to hit it!

Thanks once again,
    Michael