New Lounger
    Thanks

Exceptions (2002)

Hello. Strictly self-taught. Working with a table of 43 rows and 5 columns. Using VLookup to populate from 3 other tables. For some reason everything works well except for 3 records. There are no noticeable differences in the way info is obtained from the "feeder" tables. If there is a mistake, then the error, one would think, should show in all records, not just the 3. So I don't think my ineptness is to blame. Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Exceptions (2002)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Without seeing the data, it is hard to say what causes the problem, of course. But I'd check that the values for which the lookup doesn't work don't contain extra spaces, either in the middle, or at the end. Trailing spaces, in particular, are easy to overlook.

If you wish, you can attach a copy of your workbook to a reply, so that Loungers can investigate the problem directly. Remove or change sensitive information if necessary.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

There are too many permutations of the ways that this can happen to make a guess. Are the lookup values numeric or strings? Is the lookup you are doing exact match or fuzzy lookup (the last parameter true or false). In other words, we will probably only be able to help if you can upload a workbook that shows the problem.
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your prompt response. I'll go back to the drawing board and look for my mistakes. I usually find a few. wjm