New Lounger
    Thanks

Roll-overs? (11.3.5 Mac)

Hello,
    I am a very newbie excel user, trying to use excel to do somewhat complicated resource management. I am wondering if it is possible to have a field contain a rollover--for example I could abbreviate a staff members name as a field heading, but a person could rollover the field and see a person's complete name.

Thanks to anyone that could help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Roll-overs? (11.3.5 Mac)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

There is no built-in feature that does this automatically. Some alternatives, assuming that the Mac version works the same as the Windows version:
    You could add a comment with the complete name to each of the cells with abbreviated names.
    Or you can select Data | Validation, activate the Input Message tab and enter the full name in the Input Message box.
    Or you can set the cells with names to wrap text in the Alignment tab of Format | Cells. That way, the complete name can be displayed in more than one line.
    Or you can use the Alignment tab of Format | Cells to change the orientation of the text to vertical, that way the complete name would fit in a narrow column.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Roll-overs? (11.3.5 Mac)

thanks. those are good suggestions. thanks much.