2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Scanner CanoScan 3000 ex

I'm working with Win XP and my Scanner was plugged into one of my USB ports and it was working until yesterday. I received some system auto updates and I don't know if this is what caused the problem but now my scanner doesn't work. I uninstalled it and re-installed it but the system doesn't recognize a new device. I also checked under Device Manager and there is no scanner. If I click on one of the options found in the icon on the desktop to start scanning I get the following message (attached). What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

Re: Scanner CanoScan 3000 ex

Does the scanner do anything when you power it up (e.g. self-test)?

Can you plug the scanner into another PC to see if it is working/recognised or not? It may be a faulty USB cable or connector.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

HI, the scanner does not power up at all as it is not recognized as new hardware I guess. Where would I look for testing it? I only have one PC but lots of USB ports and I did connect to different ones without success.

Thanks

It has a separate power supply, yes?
    When you power it up - i.e. switch on the mains power - does it not do anything at all?

Can you try it on another PC to see if is recognised? - this may determine if there is a problem with the scanner/cable.

Otherwise, check for new drivers, and there appears to be a troubleshooting guide in the manual... Canon download site.