2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Nested IFs versus Macro (XP)

Good morning all
    I have developed this spreadsheet with many sheets linking to a master sheet, small macros, conditonal formatting and nested IFs.
    It works great.

However I've been asked to develop this workbook is such a way, it can be used by many diferent departments all over the country.

And here comes my problem. At the moment I use nested IFs. Where it says "Manager" (on another page but it is linked to the master page) by using a nested IF it will return with the letter M. I want to develop it in such a way, other departments don't have these titles.

What I want is to have a small list, say 15 titles with corresponding letters (see attached example)
    Is there a macro that can do that ?? I can do simple macros but this goed beyond my capabilities.
    So that the others will populate the list with 15 titles and letters.

If it helps at all, the actual titles are entered in cell G2 on all the other sheets.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to do.

Thanks heaps

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Nested IFs versus Macro (XP)

I don't understand your worksheet, since row 3 contains names of persons, not of functions. But you can replace the formula in E4 with

=VLOOKUP(E$3,$B$8:$C$20,2,FALSE)

and fill right. This is much shorter than all those nested IFs. If this is not what you wanted, please explain the workbook you attached.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Nested IFs versus Macro (XP)

That works great... Just what I wanted.
    Eventhough the example looked very simple, the whole workbook is rather complex and it was hard to explain what I wanted.
    But this works fantastic.
    Thanks again