cgschlangen

Outlook form to PDF Form (Outlook 2003)

You would think it'd be easy to find a solid answer somewhere - but I've been looking for a couple hours now and just can't figure out how to do this, or if it's even possible w/o a side app...

I have an outlook form we use for in house requests (vacation and such) that's very simple... However we're required to use a different form to "Snail-Mail" up to our parent office...
    I'm wondering if there is a way, using VBA, to fill in a PDF Form with the data from my Outlook Form?
    If not - Is there a sort of reverse mail merge that would allow me to send it to a Word Form?

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook form to PDF Form (Outlook 2003)

Would this alternative work? Have users fill in the Outlook Form, and print the completed Form to PDF using free PDF print driver software such as CutePDF Writer (which I use and am generally satisfied with)? See also these threads <post#=635607>post 635607</post#> and <post#=652168>post 652168</post#> about print-to-PDF software.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

cgschlangen

I have Acrobat - so printing as a .PDF isn't a problem, however - for some unexplicable reason - when we print the form it just prints the fields and their values - not a pretty picture... - Unfortunately downloading/installing software requires going through so many channels that it isn't worth the effort to bother with...

My original plan was to print the orignal Word form as a PDF and just create the form fields - for some reason I figured it wouldn't be difficult to transfer the fields w/ VBA...

However - if there is ANY way possible to transfer the data from the Outlook Form to the original word form - I could include some functionality to have it background print as a PDF - for easy storage and immediate transfer to our Parent Office...

Thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm surprised that full Adobe cannot print a form in WYSIWYG, CutePDF Writer works fine for me, but I'm not familiar with the full Adobe product.

> if there is ANY way possible to transfer the data from the Outlook Form to the original Word form - I could include some functionality to have it background print as a PDF

I'm getting out of my depth here, but two possibilities:

1. Outlook 2000 had a WYSIWG print driver "XPrint", see down the page in this article in outlookcode.com, it may work in later Outlook versions

2. You can use Outlook VBA to instance Word and write the field values from the Outlook Form to the Word Form, I assume it would be moderately complex. I'm not strong in Outlook Forms or Word VBA, so you may want to look for assistance from other Loungers or in the VBA Forum.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

Robert,
    What version of Acrobat do you have? If you create your form in Word, you can then print it as a .pdf and open it in Adobe Designer, which is part of Acrobat 7 and Acrobat 8. From there your fields will be displayed and you can set up your form exactly as it is in word. Designer 7 and 8 have a lot more features as well, one of which may do what you want.
    As you know when someone sends a filled out form via e-mail, all that is sent is the data. The only way around that, that I know of is to fill in the form do a Save As, and e-mail it.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)