Lounger
    Thanks

report: field within text

Using Access 97 in a report, I am attempting to reference (or insert) a "field" in the middle of a "paragraph" of text. I'm sure this must somehow be possible, but as of yet can't figure out how. I need there to be no obvious gaps between words (a true paragraph), and I also need that the paragraph accomodates the "field",(whose data is of varying lengths and the field uses "can shrink" or "can grow") by wrapping. please help!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: report: field within text

In the control source of the field <font color=448800>="Dear "&[txtCustName]&" this is the text of the body of the letter ...."&[txtAnotherField]&" more text ..."</font color=448800> Set the control to can shrink / can grow. Make the control width the length of the line you desire and wrapping will be achieved automatically. If you need to insert Carriage Returns, they must be added in expression builder view. Hope that helps.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: report: field within text

You can add carriage returns/line feeds in the middle of your text easily enough. Try "This is the first line of some text that occupies two lines." & vbcrlf & "This is the second line."