3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

delete date stamp on photo?

I have a cd containing 20 "birthday party" jpeg pics which I would like to print, The photographer left the camera to show date taken which is an annoying stamp on the bottom right hand corner of all the pics. Is there a simple way of hiding this date stamp or do i have to edit each one individually in my pic editing programme (paint shop pro) by cropping or cloning?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: delete date stamp on photo?

If what you have are jpg or jpeg files then you have what are some times called flat bit mapped files. There is no going back to easily turn off or erase things like dates. So you will have to go into your photo application and edit each photo using your preferred editing tools to either crop or clone appropriate areas. If you had the photos in a layered format ( .psd for Photoshop as one example) then you could simply open the file and turn off or delete the offending date layer.

Paul

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yeah, it's unfortunate that so many people think it's good to stamp the date on pictures, or else they aren't even aware of the setting. The file date always serves the purpose for me.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hmmm.....just as I suspected, that's my weekend free time taken care of.