3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hide text box when printing (word 2000)

In word 2000 I am trying to create business headed paper with company name + logo + phone numbers etc and I find it easier to lay out and position by putting info in text boxes and moving them around on the page, but when I print the lines round the text boxes show. Is there a way to hide these lines (borders) when printing and leaving the text in position?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hide text box when printing (word 2000)

Are the borders displayed on screen? If so, I don't think there's a way to hide them - you'll have to specify "No line" for the borders. The disadvantage is that you cannot see where the borders any more, making it more difficult to position them. You can work around that by ticking the check box "Text boundaries" in the View tab of Tools | Options..., this will cause Word to display a dotted line around the text area of text boxes.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hide text box when printing (word 2000)

Thanks for putting me in the right direction, I managed to stumble on the solution: once everything is layed out as I want it I select each text box then either rt click or from the tool bar, format> format text box> colours and lines > colour = no fill...line = no line...and the borders rouund the text/pics/whatever dissappears and isn't printed either.