3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Expres import of Winfax Phonebook (Office XP version of Outlook Express)

I've been considering changing over from Winfax 10.2 faxing to Outlook Express. I've done some web searching and can't find any information on whether I can import/export my Winfax phonebook files between the two programs. Winfax will integrate with Outlook so you can use Outlook files in Winfax, but I would need to export my Winfax files to Outlook. I have hundreds of entrys in my Winfax phone book and reentering the data would be a huge pain!

Anyone out there with experience in this area?

Thanks,
    BH Davis

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Outlook Expres import of Winfax Phonebook (Office XP version of Outloo

Remember Outlook & Outlook Express are two entirely different programs. Outlook is part of the Microsoft Office suite while Outlook Express is supplied as part of the operating system. See Outlook Express and Outlook and Outlook versus Outlook Express - Outlook - Microsoft Office Online for more information.

So, which are you really interested in knowing about?

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Expres import of Winfax Phonebook (Off

Yes, you're right. Just an oversight the second time I wrote the name. It is Outlook Express as first stated.

Thanks for correcting me.

BH

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Outlook Expres import of Winfax Phonebook (Off

See OLEXP: How to Import and Export Address Books in Outlook Express for the formats that OE can import. If Winfax can export in one of those formats you should be able to populate the OE address book. Then see How to integrate Outlook Express with WinFax PRO 10 to complete the process.

Joe
    Joe