2 Star Lounger
    L, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany

Multilanguage Record Source Problem (2003)

Hello people,

I have a problem with my Access database designed with German Record Sources criterions all over the place. The problem being that in German it's "[Formulare]![frmX]![cboX]" whereas it is "[Forms]![frmX]![cboX]" in English.

As the users of the database sometimes will use English, sometimes German there must be some way to distinguish what Access language version the user is running so I can programatically change these Formulare<->Forms at the start of the database.

It doesn't work (as it does with VBA) simply programming everything in English as then, when opened with the german version, the "Enter data" for [Forms]![frm.... popup appears.

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Multilanguage Record Source Problem (2003)

See ACC2000: Sample Function to Determine Language Version. The only change needed for Access 2003 is that you must set a reference to the Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library instead of to the 9.0 version.

[The Dutch language version of Access 95 allowed you to use both Forms and Formulieren (the Dutch word for Forms), with a recommendation to use Forms if you wanted to be able to use the database in the English language version. Recent versions only allow the use of Forms, so there is no compatibility problem in this respect.]