3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macros 2007 (OFfice 2007 Windows XP)

Can someone tell me where macros are stored in Word 2007? I have looked at the migration considerations for Word 2007 but I cannot specifically find where macros are stored.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macros 2007 (OFfice 2007 Windows XP)

In the first place, the new .docx (document) and .dotx (template) formats cannot store macros at all.
    You can store macros, however, in .docm and .dotm files (macro-enabled document and template, respectively).
    The role of Normal.dot as container for macros and other customizations that should be available in all documents has been taken over by Normal.dotm.

To view and edit macros:
    - On the Ribbon, select the Developer tab.
    - In the Code group, click Macros to display the Macros dialog, or Visual Basic to activate the Visual Basic Editor.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you - so if someone has macros stored on say a CD and they want to copy them to Word 2007 (they have already been converted from 03 to 07 and missed these files in the conversion), they should open the normal.docm and copy there?

Sorry for my confusion.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, that's correct: if you want the macros to be available in all documents, copy them into Normal.dotm.