5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Stopping a macro running (2003)

I have a macro which runs 1. A report in print preview mode 2. A code module 3. Another report 4. An update query 5. A final report.
    The first report is one which either produces data on which the user has to act or a message saying that there is no data. I want to offer the user the chance to stop the sequence, so the code module at 2 outputs a message asking if they want to cancel the rest of the process (if there is data to investigate) or continue (if there is no data). When the Cancel button is selected , I must stop the rest of the macro running and get back to the switchboard which called the macro. I can't make it do this. In the code module :
    If I use DoCmd.Close acMacro, "macroname" the open report print preview is left open but the rest of the macro commands still execute.
    If I just use DoCmd.Close, the print preview report is closed and the switchboard is closed but remaining macro commands still execute.
    If I use DoCmd.Quit, everything stops (including Access) which is not what I want either
    What's needed, please?
    Thanks
    Silverback.
    Silverback

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Stopping a macro running (2003)

Why don't you do the whole thing in VBA? You can use Exit Sub to stop execution depending on the button clicked in the message box.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Stopping a macro running (2003)

Well - despite not speaking VBA(!) I have now got it all working as a VBA routine - and the abandonment of the process works fine. Of course, as soon as I had the report calls working in the VBA routine, I had to include the error 2501 catch code! However, as it's all working, a small price to pay.
    Many thanks,
    Silverback
    Silverback