4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Enable macros asked - but template has none? (2003)

Dear Loungers,

I have three gobal templates. Two contain toolbars and the third has a bunch of macros. I get asked to enable macros for the one with macros and one of the others. There are definitely no macros. It contains toolbars that refer to styles. Would you expect this to make it ask to enable?

liz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Enable macros asked - but template has none? (2003)

If you open the Visual Basic Editor while the template is open, is there a Modules section under the template in the project explorer on the left hand side? If so, remove all modules listed there - even if a module is empty, it will cause the macro warning.
    You cannot remove the ThisDocument module under Microsoft Word Objects, but you should make sure it is empty.

Also: does the template contain controls from the Control Toolbox? Such ActiveX controls also cause the macro warning.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

there are absolutely no modules, This Document is completely blank. Nothing from the toolbox. Only has 4 toolbars which have references to styles. Oh yes and it contains the syles which also have a keyboard shortcut - could that be it?

perhaps I should recreate it from scratch (tomorrow!)?

liz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Toolbars and keyboard shortcuts don't cause the macro warning. I've seen this happen before - it must be an error in the way Word handles macro detection. You could create a blank new template and use the Organizer (from Tools | Template and Add-Ins...) to copy the toolbars (and styles, if necessary) from the problem template to the new one.