walpiger

Network connection

When connecting a network drive, I am always getting an additional explorer window. But I only want an additonal drive letter in my Windows Explorer.
    (W2000 SP1)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Network connection

It's an annoying feature, isn't it. [img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img]I haven't worked around it yet, but will be looking here for an answer! Thanks for the question.
    Karen

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

The reason that this happens is because Windows 2000 has this really annoying habit of opening folder windows in a new process. You can kill it by doing this:

In an Explorer window, go to Tools -> Options and select the View tab. In the list of options, uncheck the "Launch folder windows in a separate process" box.

This will do two things for you: it will increase system performance slightly, but will also decrease system stability - one explorer process, one crash, shell all gone. But Windows users should be used to that kind of thing [img]/w3timages/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    -Mark

walpiger

thanks for your suggestion, but the box "Launch folder windows in a separate process" is already unchecked.