5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tables (XP 2003)

Good Morning

I have never used Publisher before but a friend has asked me to produce some menus for her snack van, I am finding the table function very cumbersome in Publisher so have created my tables in Word and then tried to Paste or Paste Special functions but they still come out formatted in a manner that is tedious and long winded to adjust.

Any suggestions greatfully appreciated

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tables (XP 2003)

Tables in Publisher are quite different from those in Word, so pasting a Word table into Publisher as a table object requires conversion.

What problems do you have with the native table feature in Publisher?
    If you prefer Word, could you create the menus entirely in Word?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tables (XP 2003)

I have only hacked a few simple tables into Publisher from Excel. Basic text with minimal formatting. I had to do some adjustment to the row and column
    I am also not a Publisher Guru. I probably use it 6-8 times a year to create a newsletter (8-16 letter sized pages) and update a couple brochures.

I have a much heavier Word background and origonally had the opinion that the newsletters could be done in Word without buying and learning a new program. After using it, learning publisher was worth it the the enhanced layout. Having linked text sections that flow around objects is great for newsletters and brochures and they are much easier to do well in Publisher than in Word.

How often will you do this menu or will someone else be maintaining it when you are done? If it is just you involved and one time, that would push it more towards hacking it out in Word.
    Most menus that I have seen would be easy to do in Word.

I would see if the friend would be ok with completely doing it in Word. Someone will probably have to maintain it and they are more likely to find people capable of updating a Word document than Publisher.