3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Non-printing elements? (2000)

I want to make a really impressive presentation that consists of a lot of screen shots (teaching people about a new software system). I want to show them the screen and then add text boxes that describe the various elements. Now, in order to make the learners do a bit of work, I don't want the notes pages to display those text boxes (forcing them to make their own notes). Is there any way to set up the show so that some elements do not print?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Non-printing elements? (2000)

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm not sure forcing them to make notes is a good idea - all the time they spend writing, they're not really listening to you. If you want them to be active, you could prepare some questions (based on the presentation) for them to answer, or something like that.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Makin' 'em work for it

Well, the idea of making them take notes serves two purposes. First it prevents them from falling asleep (system software upgrades are THAT boring) and it keeps the printed screen relatively free of extraneous information (my biggest concern is cognitive overload).

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Makin' 'em work for it

I'm with Hans on this Notetaking is NOT good!

However I THINK you can (don't have 2000 handy) view > black and white and then right click shapes and set to "don't "show. They will show in the presentation but not when printed in B&W

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cooooool

*That* is something I've never seen before. Thanks!

Now, as far as note taking goes, this is a conversation better left for a coffee conversation. However, you cannot deny that students who take note are paying attention - of course the instructor must give them time to take those notes, no denying that. Spoon feeding them information does not make for good instruction.